Monday, August 27, 2012

Music Making in Video Games: Final Fantasy 6: opera scene

Today, in the hallway, I mentioned to a friend that I was wanting to create and teach a video game music course. He asked immediately if I knew Final Fantasy 6, the opera scene. Of course, how could a video game music nerd not know quite possibly the most famous game music scene of all time!?  The first time I played this part of the game, I was so excited that I didn't take time to study the score and didn't know the correct words for Celes or the staging.  The production ground to a halt and I had to do the whole scene again!  How was I supposed to know?  It's not like I'm working with opera singers for a living or anything...  Good thing my partner's the opera singer and not me.

Incredible scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment