Thursday, November 1, 2012

Game Music Online: Visualization of The Legend of Zelda overworld

I found this video via the retro game audio tumblr site I posted about last time. To be honest, I've probably watched this video 20 times in the last few hours since I found it. I'm very interested in how the connection of visual images to audio can get people listening more closely to music, and this realization of the various channels/waves from the NES is both impressive and artistic to me.




Here, we see the two pulse waves on the top playing the melody and harmony/countermelody. The sawtooth wave on the lower left is the bass and the lower right video is the noise channel, percussion.  Amazing connection for me between the physics of the sound waves, and the NES audio channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment