Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Live Performances(?): Two videos.

My students are always sending me various game music links that they find interesting.   I'm usually floored by these videos and have no idea they exist!  Here are two recent ones that I've really enjoyed.

Smooth McGroove has a ton of awesome videos where he makes a cappella arrangements of various game music tracks.  I've listened to numerous ones and think they sound incredible!  Really glad to hear these!



Here's another one that where I'm not sure I understand exactly what's happening technically.  That said, it's clear that MIDI data and Tesla coils are somehow working together to create a musical and light show.



Both of these project represent labors of love that required lots of time to program, perfect, and perform.  Congrats to the creators!

No comments:

Post a Comment