Monday, November 18, 2013

Game audio in the News: NPR-- Calling the Shots.

I just heard the NPR story "Calling the Shots: Realistic Commentary Heightens Video Games" on their website.  It's always nice when a story focuses on game audio, since most mainstream media stories about games deal with graphics and storyline.  One of my favorite parts of the story is hearing how the commentators create the dialogue for the game by listening to pre-recorded audio and reacting to it as they would in a live game situation.  I played FIFA a bit this summer and it was close to feeling authentic with the dialogue, but I'm hoping these new games/ consoles take this game audio feature to the next level.  The timing of the story is perfect considering that the PS4 and Xbox One are just coming out for the holiday season.  I look forward to hearing more from these systems and the latest generation of game audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment