Saturday, January 18, 2014

North American Conference on Video Game Music: Post 1

I know I haven't blogged in quite a while, so I feel I have to start with a mea culpa.  I've got more performing to do this semester than I did last semester, Vince is home now, and I'm teaching another new course.  These things take a lot of my free time.  Nevertheless, I've actually written a few blogs I haven't published and have been gaming quite a bit (re-playing Final Fantasy 13) and want to write about some reactions I'm having to the audio in that game and comparing it to Red Dead Redemption.  But for today...

I'm writing this morning from Youngstown, OH, where I'm excited to head in to the inaugural North American Conference on Video Game Music!  Today looks as if it's going to be a number of interesting talks, including my speaking about teaching Video Game Music in the fall.  Here's a link to the list of events at the conference, if you're interested to see some of the topics.  I've only been to one conference in my life, almost ten years ago, when I was doing research on the piano pedagogy of Rosina Lhevinne.  I kind of know what to expect, but not exactly.  Really excited to give my talk.  I played a concert yesterday afternoon right before leaving town that went really well and I'm thinking that today, in a sense, is a performance as well-- and I know how to deliver those!

Will update and reflect on the experience at the end of the day.  Am looking forward to meeting similarly minded scholar-musician-gamers!

No comments:

Post a Comment