Thursday, May 1, 2014

Game Music Online: EuroGamer's behind gaming's greatest soundtracks.

I found a cool recent post online at a site I didn't know, EuroGamer.net, about video game music entitled "Block rocking' beeps: What's behind gaming's greatest soundtracks."  I enjoyed reading another blog entry about video game music and seeing how someone else handles blogging about game music.  

My favorite aspect of this particular blog entry was the wide chronological variety of music that's shown here... 8-bit music like the Legend of Zelda overworld theme and Deliverance: Stormlord 2 as well as a Dreamcast game, Jet Set Radio.  I typically focus on one game at a time or one era at a time in my postings, so to read and hear a wide variety of music in one post was really cool.  I'm going to consider if there's a way I might incorporate a diverse time period of game music in a post or post series like this.  Awesome.

This EuroGamer post is written by Paul Butler who runs a blog about video games.  The game music feature of the blog is called Block Rockin' Beeps.  I scrolled through and read some of these entries to get a greater feel for how Paul writes about game music.  We come from a bit of different directions, with my writing perhaps a bit more musically technical because of my classical training background. Still interesting to see how someone else writes about game music.  

If you've got a favorite video game music website or blog, leave me a note so I can check it out and see what others are saying and how they're writing about music.  

No comments:

Post a Comment