Friday, May 2, 2014

Behind the scenes: GameSoundCon 2014

I just registered today for GameSoundCon 2014.  Really looking forward to it!  I've been checking the website every week or so to see when the registration begins because the price is better the earlier one registers.  Since I won grant funding to attend, I want to make certain I can make the most of the money!  I'm particularly interested in some of the Wwise training sessions so that I can get a better idea of what kind of work is possible with audio integration software.

After traveling to an academic game music conference in January, I'm excited to see what an industry conference looks like in comparison.  I also recently noticed that the UK has a game music conference as well called Game Music Connect.  It looks to be fairly similar with composer discussions, panel sessions, and hands-on activities/training.  Awesome that this kind of game audio conference is springing up and is separate from something like GDC, although I'd love to do GDC sometime, particularly if they still have an audio track.

Although GameSoundCon is still months away, I'll definitely plan to be blogging from LA about the event.  Can't wait to dork out with all the game audio nerds!  Any of my readers planning to attend?


No comments:

Post a Comment